If you are a CPAP user, then you know the importance of keeping your machine clean. Not only is it necessary for your own health and safety, but it is also required by your machine’s warranty. So, how do you choose the best CPAP machine cleaner for you? There are many different factors to consider, such as the type of cleaner, the size of the unit, and the price. In this blog, we will discuss all of those factors and help you choose the perfect CPAP machine cleaner for your needs!
Key Factors to Consider When Choosing a CPAP Machine Cleaner
There are several key factors to consider when choosing the best machine cleaner for you. These include:
Type of Cleaner – There are many different kinds of cleaners, including wipes and liquids.
Size – The size of your unit will determine whether or not a certain size can be used on it and how frequently you might need to clean it.
Price – Different cleansers have different prices; some will be more expensive than others.
So, after considering these factors below, we’re confident that you’ll find the perfect CPAP machine cleaner that works best with your lifestyle!
Type of Cleaner
One important factor that will affect which kind of cleaner is right for you is what type of cleaner it is.
Here are some points to consider:
- Liquid Cleaners – One type of cleaner is a liquid cleaner, which includes a brush with a handle for you to use. These tend to be more expensive, but they are also easier to clean your unit with. With these products, just simply fill the reservoir with water and soap, let it run through your machine for about 10 minutes, then let the unit dry before storing it away. Be sure not to overfill it or you could have problems!
- Wipes – Another type of cleaner is wipes that come in packs so you can keep them all together. These are usually the easiest to use when you’re on the go because they are pre-saturated with liquid in an individual pack. They also work in conjunction with most CPAP machines.
- Cleaning Tablets – These are similar to wipes, but you have to add water yourself and run it through your machine for around 10 minutes. Be sure not to overfill your reservoir so that you won’t get soap residue all over!
You can find these best CPAP machine cleaners at many pharmacies or medical supply stores near you.
Size of Your Unit
Another important factor is the size of your unit, which will affect how often (and even if) it needs to be cleaned. Some units need to be cleaned more frequently than others; however, you should always refer to your owner’s manual for specific instructions.
- One Size Fits All – If this is the one for you, then it doesn’t matter what size your unit is. This type of cleaner comes with pre-saturated wipes so all you have to do is pull them out of the package, run them through your machine, and let it dry before storing it away!
- Portable or Travel Cleaners – If you’re on the go a lot and need something that can travel with you, then be sure to buy a portable cleaner. These are cleaners that come in individual packets that are easy for traveling or throwing into your purse or bag when needed.
The price of the machine cleaner is also an important factor to consider. These cleaners can range anywhere from $5 up to $30, depending on the manufacturer or store you buy it at. You can find them online or in your local pharmacies and medical supply stores!
After considering the type of cleaner, size of unit, and price, now it’s time for you to decide which one works best for your needs!