If you have a cat at home, you want them to have the best nutritious food possible. Sometimes you may want to give them good treats, but you have to feed them healthy, nutritious food. And it would help if you were extra cautious about the food that is not good for cats.
- Foods like onion, garlic, shallots, and scallion are not suitable for cats’ health. These foods can damage your cat’s red blood cells, leading to anemia in cats. In large quantities, these foods are poisonous to cats. Keep your onions and garlic in places where your cat can’t reach.
- If cats eat raw meat, eggs, or bones, they can get e.coli and fall sick. Symptoms that e.coli infects your cat are lethargy, diarrhea, and vomiting. Make sure you keep your cat away from these kinds of raw food. Raw bones can damage your cat’s teeth, and eggs can lead to skin problems and other health problems. So keep them away from your cat.
- Chocolates are very poisonous to cats. The ingredients required to make chocolate and the chemical composition are not suitable for the cat’s digestive system.
- Raw dough and alcohol are also something that should be kept away from your pet, just like all the food mentioned above. This food can also cause stomach problems. And, in case you think your cat has ingested alcohol, take your cat to the vet ASAP.
- Many people think cats are supposed to love milk, but milk is not suitable for cats. Cats face difficulty breaking down the lactose, resulting in digestive problems like diarrhea.
- If you have a dog at home and a cat, your cat might want to taste what your dog is eating, but dog food is not suitable for the cat. Dog food can make them sick and also lead to diarrhea.
- Tiny amounts of grapes and renis can make your cat severely sick, so if you have a habit of keeping a beautifully decorated fruit basket on the kitchen counter or in the centerpiece/dining space then you have to remove the grapes from the basket.
These are some things you need to prevent your cat from eating. And taking vital preventive measures is a responsible job that cats’ parents have to do very well. But, even under watchful eyes, accidents happen, and your cat can eat something your cat is not supposed to eat. Act quickly if your cat shows uncomfortable behavioral changes in their day-to-day life, like loss of appetite, vomiting, and other symptoms. In such scenarios, reach out to the vet immediately so that your cat can get the best medical assistant. Sometimes medical interventions in these kinds of situations can be costly. Having pet health insurance is highly beneficial; it can provide significant monetary support when there are heavy (or light) medical expenses. Many pet parents have invested in pet health insurance. If you have already got a policy for your furry companion, that’s amazing, but it is time to look for the best pet insurance if you haven’t yet got cover.